We follow all Return-to-Play (RTP) protocols issued by the Ontario Volleyball Association (OVA) and Town of Oakville for organized sports before, during and after training sessions. As protocols shift, we will continue to update and adjust our protocols for outdoor activity to meet the criteria set out by the Town and by the Province of Ontario.
We will post official documentation provided by the Town of Oakville when received. As of June 8, 2021, the official Stage 1 reopening protocols have not been communicated to us. However, please review the information below regarding the measures that Lakeside Volleyball Club will take as we re-enter training:
- Masks are to be worn during training, as well as when in and around the training area. NOTE: exceptions will be made for water breaks and if/when a player needs to remove themself for any reason and is away from the training area, other players and coaches.
- Temperature checks will be performed on all participants prior to the start of training. Each coach has a thermal thermometer (forehead thermometer) to help facilitate this. Should your athlete read a temperature 38C or higher, they will not be permitted to participate in that session. Conducting a self-check at home prior to your arrival would be a best practice.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at each session and the athletes are encouraged to use/ask to use the sanitizer whenever they see fit.
- Physical distancing when off the court will be enforced. Athletes are asked to place their belongs away from other athletes as a distancing measure. While on court, although we will make every effort to limit the kids from impeding the space of others, occasionally they will be near others during the course of a drill. Luckily, volleyball is a sport where keeping your distance is built in, however ball contact is necessary to play the sport so there will be others that will come in contact with the same ball your athlete is using.
- Balls will be sanitized prior to and after each session is complete.
- Before and After Training: we ask that you do not congregate in the parking lot or near the courts at any time. We run more than one program per night so there will most likely be other athletes arriving and waiting to come onto the court after you. Please gather your belongings and exit the training area as efficiently as possible.
Any questions pertaining to the protocols listed above can be addressed by writing to us at email@example.com.
June 9, 2021
The below Reference Guide was just released from the OVA and outlines how Ontario Volleyball clubs can return safely to training outdoors. You can click on the page to go to a PDF version of the page for easier reading.